- Our Chinese creative writing classes in Singapore focus on showing children that writing is a form of making meaning rather than putting words together. It is also an opportunity for the writer to convey their minds with meaningful words to the reader.
- Writing without tears, our students are inspired by our teacher’s wealth of knowledge to write with imagination and creativity. Based on the ideology of our Speech and Drama program, our Chinese Writing class is designed to give students more opportunities in writing and discussion.
- Our 2-hour class includes:
- Language Learning – Introduction to various literary forms – Tongue twisters, poetry, short stories. Students are trained to read aloud in front of the class to build confidence in public speaking.
- Using role play, students are given opportunities to utilise and practice the language in different scenarios. Active discussions and brainstorming are also conducted for students to give them an enhancement for creative writing.
- Story-Telling – Many students are not able to write well because they do not read enough. Using animated expressions and tone; our story-telling teachers get students engrossed, picking up ideas and good phrases they can use for their own writing.
- Art & Craft – Learn about recycling. Spark creativity and imagination! Students enhance their language proficiency through interacting with their teachers and friends while indulging in the colorful world of arts & crafts.
- Games – Charades, matching words and guessing games… these provide student avenues to learn even while enjoying themselves and often gain significantly more. Learn Chinese through fun and interactive games!
Fri 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Fri 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Sat 10:00am – 12:30 pm
Sat 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Sat 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Sun 10:00 am – 12:30pm